Posting a Story
How do I create a story in PikMobile?
Tap the camera icon in the upper right corner. Camera lets you to take photos and videos within the PikMobile app or select photos from your camera roll, and share them in the PikStream.
To upload a photo or take a new one, first tap at the top of the screen, then select from the following:
- Choose from your phone’s Photos, which will appear on the screen.
- If you have multiple photo albums or photos in other apps, tap SEE MORE at the top of the screen and choose from the options in the drop-down menu.
- Select as many photos/videos you’d like to share in your Story and tap DONE in the top-right corner of the screen.
- To take a new photo, tap in the top-left photo spot. To take a new video, tap the VIDEO in the top-center photo spot.
- Tap SWAP at the top of the screen to switch between front and rear-facing cameras and tap the AUTO FLASH to adjust the flash.
- Tap the buttons on the right-hand side of the screen to switch between photo and video mode, and between square and full-frame mode.
- Tap DONE in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
How do I add Photo FX?
Once you’ve taken or uploaded photos, you can add Photo FX:
- Tap the PHOTO FX at the bottom of the screen to enter the edit mode.
- Touch the icons at the bottom of the Photo FX screen to use effects.
- Slide the toolbar to see more effects.
- Tap DONE in the upper right-hand corner of the screen when you are finished.
How do I organize and delete photos?
Once you’ve taken or uploaded photos/videos, or change the order of your selected images.
- To change the order of your photos and videos, tap and hold one then drag it to another spot.
- To remove a photo or video from your post, tap select at the top of the screen, select the photos/videos to delete, then tap the trash can icon upper right.
- Tap DONE in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap NEXT.
- The pop-up will ask: Are you adding photos to a Story or Creating a NEW Story?
Are you adding photos to a Story or creating a NEW Story?
- If creating a new story, tap NEW STORY and enter a Story Name in the top field (this can always be edited).
- If adding photos to an existing Story, tap ADD PHOTOS. Select the Story you want to add photos and tap NEXT in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- To add captions to the individual photos, tap WRITE CAPTION and begin adding captions. Here is where you can add hashtags and captions. Swipe through photos to add captions to each photo to tell your Story.
Who Can View/Add Photos?
- Tap WHO CAN VIEW/ADD PHOTOS to select whom you will give permission to see your photos and who can add photos to your albums.
How do I share my Story to other social networks?
- Tap the SHARE Icon.
- You can re-post a photo to one of your Stories, Share on Facebook, Twitter or Email and Text. These options use the photo you have selected and will share Facebook or Twitter. If you select e-mail or text, that photo plus a link to the Story will be created, and anyone can view from a computer or Smartphone. To comment, or like they must sign up for an account.
How can I tag someone in one of my photos?
- To tag someone in a comment or caption, type their @username. They’ll get a notification to view the comment.