Creating an Account & User Name
How do I create a PikMobile account from my iPhone?
PikMobile is a mobile app that you can download on iOS phone and iPad as well as on your desktop. Keep in mind that you can only share photos and videos from the mobile app.
To Create your PikMobile Account from the App:
- Download the PikMobile app for iOS from the App Store.
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Try it Out, then choose a Username, Password and enter your email address, and then tap Next.
- NOTE: You can also Log In with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account to connect with PikMobile.
How do I create a PikMobile account from a computer?
- Go to PikMobile.com tap Sign Up or Log In.
- On the Sign Up tab Choose a Username, Password, Enter your name and email address.
- Make sure you enter your email address correctly. If you log out and forget your password, you’ll need to be able to access your email to get back into your PikMobile account.
Navigating the App
How do I edit my profile?
To update your profile, profile photo, and banner associated with your account:
- Go to your Profile by tapping
- Then tap
- Select Edit Profile. Here you can add/change your profile photo, add a banner photo, and add a Bio. (NOTE: You can also update your profile information from the web.)
How do I link my PikMobile account to Facebook and Twitter profile?
- Go to your Profile by tapping
- Then tap
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Connect to Facebook and follow the prompts to link your PikMobile account to your Brand’s Facebook Page. You first need to be an admin on that Facebook Page. (NOTE: By default, your PikMobile account will link to your personal Facebook Timeline. To link to a Facebook Page instead, tap Facebook again when you’re posting a Story, then select and choose a Page that you manage where you want this Story to Post.)
- Select Connect to Twitter and follow prompts to link your PikMobile account to your Brand’s Twitter feed.
How do I connect my Facebook Business Page after I have already logged in with my personal Facebook account?
- Go to your Facebook app.
- Choose Settings and scroll down to APPS.
- On the Apps and Websites page, tap LOGGED IN WITH FACEBOOK.
- Scroll down to the PikMobile icon and tap it.
- On the PikMobile page, scroll to the bottom and tap REMOVE APP. Yes, seriously.
- On the Remove PikMobile page, check the checkbox and tap REMOVE.
- Go back to the PikMobile app and post a photo. A warning box will appear, asking you to log in to reconnect your Facebook account.
- Tap the light blue bar: “Log in with the Facebook app.”
- On the dialog box, “Open in ‘Facebook’?” tap OPEN.
- Continue as (YOUR NAME).
- Tap OK to give PikMobile permission to post to Facebook.
- Tap OK on Advanced Permissions.
- The tap on the Facebook option and pages you manage will drop down. Choose the one you want.
Syncing Contacts & Following People
How do I find Piksters to follow?
To find people to follow on PikMobile:
- Tap in the upper left corner from the PikStream.
- Find any of your Facebook Friends already on PikMobile (it takes a minute to populate) or allow PikMobile to search your phone’s Contacts list for friends who are already on PikMobile (NOTE: The first time you do this, you will need to give PikMobile permission to access your contacts. Follow the prompts.)
- Tap NEXT in the upper right-hand corner to search your iPhone’s Contacts list to find your friends who are NOT on PikMobile yet, and select the ones you want to send an Email Invite.
- If you prefer to send a text invitation, tap NEXT in the upper right-hand corner to select people from your Contacts list to send a text. Tap the green button and you can enter the names of the people you want to send the text invite to.
- To invite your Facebook Friends to follow you on PikMobile, tap NEXT to Connect Facebook.
- Tap NEXT in the upper right-hand corner to Discover new people you’d like to follow. You can also tap at the top PikStream to see Latest Stories, Suggested People to Follow (you can tap any photo to see their profile) and more.